(WCMH) — Rush drummer Neil Peart, held by many to be the greatest rock drummer of all time, has died. He was 67.
A post to the band’s Twitter account said Peart lost his battle with brain cancer on Tuesday.
According to the post, Peart battled glioblastoma for three and a half years.
The band is encouraging those who want to express their condolences to choose a cancer charity and make a donation.
Peart joined bassist/singer Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson in 1974 to form Rush.
Rush retired from touring in 2015.
- Big Country tow truck drivers stay busy during Tuesday morning storm
- More than 7.8 million Texans have voted. Which counties are seeing the highest turnout?
- Griffen traded to Detroit Lions
- Texas overtakes California with most coronavirus infections
- Confidence is a byproduct of first win in 2020 for Eagles