(WCMH) – An Arizona rescue dog is going to star in Disney’s remake of ‘Lady and the Tramp.’
‘Monte’ is a two-year-old Terrier mix rescued by Animal Services in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
But he was transferred to Phoenix, where animal trainers were looking for rescue dogs to cast in the live remain of the movie.
Monte was chosen for the role.
“In 25 years of HALO helping animals live on, we haven’t had a movie star. So we’re getting goosebumps constantly when we hear the phone ring and wanting to hear more about Monte and his life in Hollywood,” said Erin Denmark, the Outreach Manager at HALO Animal Rescue.
A trainer adopted him and says Monte has been a happy guy filming and making publicity appearances.
And managers at the Halo Animal Rescue are thrilled.
- Unlikely Friends: Flightless pigeon & special needs chihuahua form amazing bond
- South Carolina couple finds love during chemo
- Torchy’s Tacos plans to open Abilene location in May
- 43 minors caught in Massachusetts bar
- Driver walks away after rollover wreck in north Abilene, narrowly missed by tree in windshield