(KTAB/KRBC) – Big bass have been biting at O.H. Ivie Reservoir recently.
Angler Curtis Duncan caught a 13.23 pound, 27-inch-long largemouth bass at the lake, located about 55 miles east of San Angelo, on October 5.
The Inland Fisheries San Angelo division of the Texas Department of Parks and Wildlife says the fish was submitted to the ShareLunker program and awarded the Lunker Legend status.
Parks and Wildlife records show the biggest largemouth bass ever caught at O.H. Ivie was caught in 2010, weighing 16.08 pounds and measuring 28.00 inches long.
Additional lake records can be found on the Texas Parks and Wildlife website.
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants
- Coronavirus recovery: Lawmakers on both sides of aisle pushing help for small businesses
- House passes bill to establish Latino museum on the National Mall
- Delays in test results continue to plague Texans as Gov. Abbott says state is working on quicker turnaround
- KRBC Tuesday Evening Forecast: Scorching hot temperatures are sticking around for the rest of the week!