ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Recent rains mean big fish are biting at Lake Ft. Phantom Hill in Abilene.
Local angler Tanner Jones and his little brother Jaydon caught a 48-pound catfish at the lake Monday night using perch as bait.
Texas Parks and Wildlife show the record-holding catfish at Lake Ft. Phantom weigh 51 pounds (blue catfish) and 61.25 pounds (flathead catfish).
Lake Ft. Phantom Hill is currently 99.9% full, according to WaterDataForTexas.org.
Anyone who wants to show off their big fish can send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org – just include the length, weight, where/when it was caught, and the kind of bait used!
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Regional Round Playoff Scores and Highlights