ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Recent rains mean big fish are biting at Lake Ft. Phantom Hill in Abilene.
Local angler Tanner Jones and his little brother Jaydon caught a 48-pound catfish at the lake Monday night using perch as bait.
Texas Parks and Wildlife show the record-holding catfish at Lake Ft. Phantom weigh 51 pounds (blue catfish) and 61.25 pounds (flathead catfish).
Lake Ft. Phantom Hill is currently 99.9% full, according to WaterDataForTexas.org.
Anyone who wants to show off their big fish can send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org – just include the length, weight, where/when it was caught, and the kind of bait used!
- Special session in Texas raises expectations of voting fight
- 2nd person charged in connection with Texas boy’s death
- Family of slain Austin mass shooting victim has ‘no faith’ in investigation
- 153 Texas hospital workers were fired or resigned after refusing COVID vaccine
- Mysterious disease blinding birds in several states, leaving them unable to fly