ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Five new COVID-19 cases are being reported in Abilene after two days of no positive results.
There are now 222 positive cases of COVID-19 recorded by the City, and 3,824 tests have been administered.
This number varies drastically from the 350-odd cases reported just weeks ago because the State of Texas recently requested the City of Abilene stop including positive results from the prison units, which are in Jones County, and results based on antibody tests.
Currently, city officials are working to recalculate demographic information, so statistics about the patients’ ages, common symptoms, and more are not available at this time.
Four patients are currently hospitalized, though nothing has been disclosed about their current conditions.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Rep. Joyce Beatty, Columbus City Council President Hardin pepper-sprayed during protest
- US cities fear protests may fuel new wave of virus outbreaks
- Photo Gallery: SpaceX rocket blasts off in historic flight to International Space Station
- City of Abilene reports 1 new COVID-19 case, 2 new recoveries in Taylor Co.
- WATCH: NASA launches 2 astronauts into orbit on SpaceX rocket for historic mission