ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Five new COVID-19 cases are being reported in Abilene after two days of no positive results.
There are now 222 positive cases of COVID-19 recorded by the City, and 3,824 tests have been administered.
This number varies drastically from the 350-odd cases reported just weeks ago because the State of Texas recently requested the City of Abilene stop including positive results from the prison units, which are in Jones County, and results based on antibody tests.
Currently, city officials are working to recalculate demographic information, so statistics about the patients’ ages, common symptoms, and more are not available at this time.
Four patients are currently hospitalized, though nothing has been disclosed about their current conditions.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Brady vs Rodgers, possibly Mahomes vs. Allen in title games
- Brady, Bucs, end playoffs for Saints, Brees, 30-20
- Chiefs advance after Browns’ comeback comes up short
- Sunday Evening Forecast: Time To Soak Up The Sunshine Before Tuesday.
- Abilene organization holds weeklong prayer event to help fight human trafficking