MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/ Fox 24) – The first Coronavirus death in Midland has officially been reported by Midland Memorial Hospital.
A release from the hospital Tuesday afternoon confirmed a man in his 60’s has died as a result of the Coronavirus.
MMH had two confirmed cases, a man in his 60’s and another in his 80’s that also traveled to Mississippi.
This is the first COVID-19 related death reported in Midland County and in the Permian Basin.
Officials with the City of Odessa provided an update on Tuesday afternoon and said they have tested 35 people and at least 21 of those tests are pending.
- State of Texas: Texans push back against President Biden’s agenda
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by vehicle in Abilene
- Abilene man killed in head-on crash on city’s south side
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Drizzle and Fog Tonight with Severe Storms Possible Tomorrow.