ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Hendrick Health System officials are pleading with local businesses to do their part to help stop an “exponential surge” in COVID-19 cases.
These officials held a press conference Friday morning to express their concern that over the past week-and-a-half, COVID-19 cases in the Big Country’s Trauma Service Area have gone from a “slow rise” to an “exponential surge”.
ICU and hospital capacity still remain an issue as more and more patients become hospitalized.
Last month, Hendrick Health System officially merged with Regional Medical Center, securing two additional campuses – Abilene south and Brownwood.
The additional campuses have allowed Hendrick to expand their ICU and hosptial capacity, but these new rooms are quickly filling as well.
Watch the full video above to hear the full plea from Hendrick officials to local businesses.
- San Antonio sets curfew for Thanksgiving holiday, weekend after
- Abilene shoppers prepare for a new kind of Thanksgiving
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- 15-year-old Jasmine looking for her ‘Forever Family’
- Cisco looking forward to playing “extremely large” Hawley team