NOLAN COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A woman has died after being trapped under an 18-wheeler on Interstate 20 Friday night.
According to Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden, four people were trapped after a car accident with an 18-wheeler near mile marker 235 on Interstate 20.
Early reports indicate a Ford Expedition was heading to Abilene, but investigators are still trying to determine how the SUV ended up in the westbound lane before colliding with the 18-wheeler.
Three of the passengers were rescued from under the 18-wheeler, but one woman died, officials say.
There is currently no word on any additional injuries.
No identities have been released.
Stick with BigCountryHomepage.com for more information as it becomes available.
- Pelosi: Trump’s conduct is ‘so much worse’ than Nixon’s
- The world thought a painting was destroyed in WWII. It was hanging in a Connecticut home
- Virginia teacher’s assistant sentenced in sex abuse sting
- Saturday, November 16: A warm Saturday with sunshine; temperatures in 66-69 degrees
- Abilene school gives back to veterans