NOLAN COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A woman has died after being trapped under an 18-wheeler on Interstate 20 Friday night.
According to Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden, four people were trapped after a car accident with an 18-wheeler near mile marker 235 on Interstate 20.
Early reports indicate a Ford Expedition was heading to Abilene, but investigators are still trying to determine how the SUV ended up in the westbound lane before colliding with the 18-wheeler.
Three of the passengers were rescued from under the 18-wheeler, but one woman died, officials say.
There is currently no word on any additional injuries.
No identities have been released.
Stick with BigCountryHomepage.com for more information as it becomes available.
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in Texas continue to rise
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- Brown Co. reports 18 new COVID-19 cases
- Mixed reactions to enforcing mask mandate across Texas among city officials & law enforcement