ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The city of Abilene and the Taylor County Health Department report 1 new confirmed case of COVID-19, bringing up the total to 214.
The city says 3,148 tests have been conducted. The number of hospitalizations remains 4.
“Please note hospitalizations is now the total number of patients hospitalized in Taylor County with COVID-19, no matter their county of residence,” said the city in a social media post.
Officials say the number of tests conducted may not be accurate because antibody tests are still included in the county’s total, even though the positive results from those tests are not.
A change in reporting requirements that removed totals taken from antibody tests and positive tests by inmates from local prisons on May 6, 2020, saw the previous totals drop significantly.
Demographic information on the cases is being recalculated as a result of the new reporting requirements, the city says.
- Humans now being legally composted in Washington
- Harvard physicist: ‘Serious possibility’ alien spacecraft visited solar system
- Inauguration prop bets: How long will Biden’s address last?
- 5 new COVID-19-related deaths reported in Taylor County, 47 new cases
- Man hid 3 months at Chicago airport due to Covid fears