ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A person is dead following an incident on Interstate 20.
Abilene police say the incident is on Interstate 20 near mile marker 286 in the westbound lane, where a person is dead.
There is currently no official word on how the person died.
The incident occurred around 4:30 Monday afternoon, and has slowed traffic in both directions on the interstate, and police are asking residents to avoid the area if possible.
- Organizers excited for return of Abilene Freedom Festival
- Abilene police asking for help finding missing woman
- Amber Alert issued for two missing boys
- Ransomware gangs get paid off as officials struggle for fix
- Murdered New Orleans woman’s last texts from Russia: ‘In car with stranger. Hope I’m not being abducted’