JONES COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Multiple crews are battling a grass fire in Jones County.
The fire was reported early Wednesday afternoon near West Lake Road and FM 600.
Crews from Abilene, Hawley, and the Texas Forest Service are responding.
According to the Texas A&M Forest Service, the fire started at 10 acres, but was burned to 61 acres before being 100% contained at 6:48 p.m.
The Abilene Fire Department says no homes have been damaged and no injuries have occurred, but residents should avoid the area.
- Sunday Evening Forecast: Time To Soak Up The Sunshine Before Tuesday.
- Abilene organization holds weeklong prayer event to help fight human trafficking
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- 95 new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County, 68 recoveries