JONES COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Multiple crews are battling a grass fire in Jones County.
The fire was reported early Wednesday afternoon near West Lake Road and FM 600.
Crews from Abilene, Hawley, and the Texas Forest Service are responding.
According to the Texas A&M Forest Service, the fire started at 10 acres, but was burned to 61 acres before being 100% contained at 6:48 p.m.
The Abilene Fire Department says no homes have been damaged and no injuries have occurred, but residents should avoid the area.
- Murder parolee blows up room at Colorado hotel, gets shot by police, authorities say
- Friday, September 25, 2020: Unseasonably warm and sunny day
- Shorts & sunscreen weather for the Big Country?
- Wake-Up Weather: Mild and quiet this morning makes for an unseasonably warm afternoon
- Big Country UPS driver retires after 32 years