JONES COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Multiple crews are battling a grass fire in Jones County.
The fire was reported early Wednesday afternoon near West Lake Road and FM 600.
Crews from Abilene, Hawley, and the Texas Forest Service are responding.
According to the Texas A&M Forest Service, the fire started at 10 acres, but was burned to 61 acres before being 100% contained at 6:48 p.m.
The Abilene Fire Department says no homes have been damaged and no injuries have occurred, but residents should avoid the area.
- 13th annual WesTex connect 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular adjusts to pandemic
- Brett Martin tests positive for coronavirus
- Police: Texas officers fatally shoot man who shot his wife
- Texas reports record number of new COVID-19 cases with 8,258
- 8-year-old boy killed, girl and 2 adults injured in shooting at Alabama mall