CLYDE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — An 11-year-old girl has died after a house fire in Clyde.
The Clyde Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) says the call came in just after 3:30 Tuesday afternoon at a home on Private Road 1205.
Nearby construction workers reportedly came to try and help before first responders arrived, but were unable to save the girl.
CVFD says the girl was in the bedroom where the fire originated.
State Fire Marshals are assisting in the investigation, which is ongoing.
There were no other injuries reported.
Stick with BigCountryHomepage.com for more information as it becomes available.
- Tropical Storm Isaias forecast to become a hurricane before landfall in the Carolinas, hurricane warnings have been issued
- Joe Biden’s campaign names first Texas hires for general election
- Alabama man finds alligator swimming in his backyard pool
- No mass shootings in the U.S. since the pandemic started — what about once it’s over?
- Clorox becomes ‘it’ brand in world sheltered in place