HOUSTON, Texas (KETK) – Several Katy ISD students have been injured after a cell phone battery exploded Friday morning, according to our sister station KPRC.
The explosion occurred at Mayde Creek Junior High School.
Emergency workers responded to the incident at 11:55 a.m. and 12 victims were taken to a nearby hospital. Officials have said that none of the injuries are life-threatening.
It is also not yet known what caused the explosion.
- Sunday, February 16: Another beautiful warm Sunday in the books for Abilene, 78 degrees, Breckenridge 81 degrees
- Sunday Night Forecast: Warm temperatures continuing tomorrow with a cold front moving in by the afternoon.
- McMurry softball splits games in opening day of Edwards Field
- The FCA All Star Festival is set to return once again in the Big Country.
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars