HOUSTON (KTRK/CNN Newsource) — The search is on for a 14-year-old boy who police say ran away after his mother found his 5-year-old sister shot.
Houston police say a mother woke up after hearing a gunshot.
The woman says she ran into the living room and found her 5-year-old daughter had been shot.
The woman told police the 14-year-old boy was panicking.
She added that he picked up a gun and fled the apartment.
While the 14-year-old is missing, police say it isn’t clear who shot the little girl.
According to authorities, the 5-year-old girl was transported to the hospital in critical condition but is now in stable condition.
- Monday, September 21, 2020: Increasing clouds along with rain chances due to Tropical Storm Beta today
- Rain chances & cool for your Monday
- Wake-Up Weather: Cool start with rain showers in the forecast
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home