ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Taylor County Public Health District is reporting 18 new positive cases of COVID-19 and one additional death.
The City of Abilene says a man in his 80s with preexisting medical conditions died from COVID-19.
There are seven new positives from PCR tests and 11 from antigen tests, for a total of 18 new positive cases.
There are a total of 463 active cases from PCR tests and 471 active cases from antigen tests, for a total of 934 active cases in Taylor County.
Since tracking began, there have been a total of 1,019 positive cases from PCR tests and 532 from antigen tests, for a total of 1,551 positive results.
According to the health district, there are 42 patients currently hospitalized with COVID-19, including 19 from Taylor County and 23 from outside the county.
There have been 28 new recoveries.
The average age of those who have died from COVID-19 in Taylor County is 72, and the average age of those hospitalized is 60.
- Rainy with cooler weather today
- Wake-Up Weather: A cold morning with increasing clouds will make for a chilly and overcast afternoon with rain chances
- Feeding Texas, food banks work to end senior citizen hunger in Abilene
- AHS Eagles season ends at hands of Byron Nelson
- What ERCOT says it could’ve done better during Texas winter freeze, and what lawmakers are looking for in hearings