ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Police Department (APD) has arrested two men on child sex charges.
Police say detectives with the Special Victim Unit arrested 30-year-old Eugene Dwight Thomas, who was charged with sexual assault of a child, a second-degree felony.
APD says 27-year-old Javonte R. James was also arrested and charged with second-degree felony sexual assault of a child.
The two arrests stem from the same investigation, according to APD.
The two suspects are being held in the Taylor County Jail on bonds of $52,000 each.
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- Brief reunion coming for husband, pregnant wife separated between Abilene & Netherlands by COVID-19, visa issues
- KRBC Friday Evening Forecast: Calmer and more seasonal temps stick around for the weekend ahead