AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A soldier and an ex-federal employee have pleaded guilty to stealing and selling more than $1 million in military gear taken from a Texas National Guard camp.
Prosecutors said in a statement that National Guard soldier Cristal Avila pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court in Austin to stealing government property.
Former federal program analyst Joseph Mora pleaded guilty in Austin to the same charge Tuesday.
They admitted stealing such military-grade equipment as rifle scopes, infrared laser aiming devices and thermal night-vision goggles from Camp Mabry in Austin and selling it.
Each faces up to 10 years in federal prison.
- El presidente Joe Biden firma ordenes ejecutivas para impulsar la ayuda económica
- High School boys basketball scores and highlights
- High School girls basketball scores and highlights
- Cooper girls fall to Lubbock Cooper; Wylie defeats Monterey
- West Texas Rehab Center Telethon helping pediatric patients get the crucial care they need