NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung) — A pilot and his passenger swam to safety Tuesday after the two men made an emergency landing in their small plane in a Central Texas lake.
The ditching happened Tuesday morning in Canyon Lake, in the hills about 35 miles northeast of San Antonio.
Witness Ed Sanford told the New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung that he thought he heard a sputtering engine as he and his girlfriend saw the single-engine Cessna flying low.
The plane disappeared below the tree line, then Sanford heard the plane hit the water.
One of the men suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The other was uninjured.
- Watch: All 12 Playbook: OSU, Kansas State look to remain unbeaten in conference
- 2 new COVID-19 related deaths, 94 cases reported in Taylor County
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system
- Pandemic turns Tupperware into an ‘it brand’