AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Police say 22 people have been arrested in two nights of weekend protests in downtown Austin.
Of those, 18 arrests happened Sunday at the Austin police headquarters and four others were arrested Saturday near a makeshift memorial to Garrett Foster.
He was a protester who was fatally shot during a July 25 Black Lives Matter demonstration in Austin.
Those arrested face charges ranging from violating a city ordinance and obstructing a highway to assaulting on a police officer and illegally carrying a weapon.
- Abilene Idol 2021 auditions Saturday at the Mall of Abilene
- Dyess AFB receives first round of COVID-19 vaccines
- ‘Colten’s Law’ officially filed, aims to crack down on drivers who hit pedestrians under the influence
- ADT technician pleads guilty after spying on hundreds of customers for ‘sexual gratification’
- Timeline for Trump incitement impeachment trial still uncertain