QUINLAN, Texas (AP) — Authorities say a toddler was killed when attacked by a dog in northern Texas.
Hunt County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jeff Haines says the 23-month-old child left an enclosed yard near Quinlan on Monday unnoticed by family members and walked a short distance along a gravel road before being attacked by the dog described as a pit bull or pit bull mix.
Haines said the child was found in the road and died after being taken to a hospital.
Haines said Tuesday the dog is being held at an animal control shelter.
No charges have been filed pending completion of an investigation.
- 8-year-old boy killed, girl and 2 adults injured in shooting at Alabama mall
- 8 new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County, 7 recoveries reported
- Joey Chestnut breaks his own record in Nathan’s hot dog eating contest
- Waterbury Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- 31 MLB players test positive for virus; NASCAR star Jimmie Johnson also positive