ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The city of Abilene and the Taylor County Health Department report 3 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, bringing up the total to 213. Three individuals have been released from the hospital.
The city says 3,124 tests have been conducted and 4 patients are hospitalized.
“Please note hospitalizations is now the total number of patients hospitalized in Taylor County with COVID-19, no matter their county of residence,” said the city in a social media post.
Officials say the number of tests conducted may not be accurate because antibody tests are still included in the county’s total, even though the positive results from those tests are not.
A change in reporting requirements that removed totals taken from antibody tests and positive tests by inmates from local prisons on May 6, 2020, saw the previous totals drop significantly.
Demographic information on the cases is being recalculated as a result of the new reporting requirements, the city says.
- Preston talks with Karson Grigsby about junior golf ranking
- Wildcats run for three touchdowns vs. SFA
- Gov. Greg Abbott says ‘We must end’ mail-in ballot fraud, points to KXAN investigation finding 150 charges since 2004
- Chick-fil-A sauces will soon be sold at select grocery stores to help fund employee scholarships
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her