AUSTIN (KXAN) — Republican Sen. John Cornyn and Democratic challenger MJ Hegar will step onto the stage Friday for their first debate ahead of the November election, where voters will decide who will represent them in the U.S. Senate.
There are three ways viewers can watch the debate when it begins at 7 p.m. Friday: either broadcast on KXAN, on KXAN.com or on the KXAN News app. Nexstar stations throughout Texas will also be broadcasting the event.
KXAN anchors Robert Hadlock and Sally Hernandez and Dallas Morning News political writer Gromer Jeffers Jr. will moderate the debate, asking candidates questions about health care and the coronavirus pandemic, education, infrastructure and the economy. Viewers can also submit their own questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
People can follow the latest coverage of the debate Friday using the hashtag #TXSenateDebate.
- HSU puts unbeaten conference mark on the line against Concordia
- These innocent-looking emojis could be hiding nefarious messages, Ohio officials say
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash case: Neurologists, Sanderson’s daughter take stand on third day
- Items on 2040 Comprehensive Plan for Abilene receive some backlash from council members
- Former Connecticut athletes ask appeals court to resurrect their challenge to state’s trans-inclusive sports policy