ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene City Council unanimously approved a resolution to enter into a contract with an organization to help manage Animal Services.
With one city councilmember absent, the resolution was approved to enter into the contract with Best Friends Animal Society, who would provide direct oversight responsibilities and an interim Animal Services Director.
The City of Abilene has been without an Animal Services Director since March, when Tammy Roberts resigned unexpectedly.
The contract will begin July 1, 2020, with an initial one-year term, with mutual renewal
agreement of one month at a time after the initial 12 month period. It will cost $112,100.
According to the city, Best Friends Animal Society is a leading national animal welfare organization dedicated to ending the killing of dogs and cats in America’s shelters.
- HSU Cowboys sink Southwestern on homecoming
- Saturday, October 23 – Hot and windy for Sunday with a chance of elevated fire weather
- Saturday evening forecast: record breaking heat to close out the third week of October with severe weather to follow
- McMurry LB Josh Smith moves up in the record book in 28-21 loss to Texas Lutheran
- Class 2A/1A Scores and Highlights: Week 9