ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene is officially getting a QuikTrip.
The Abilene City Council passed the finalized plans for the store in Thursday’s meeting.
The QuikTrip will be going in at the site of the old Anson Jones Elementary School on Jameson Street.
Original concerns from residents in the area forced developers to change the overall look of the facility, adding more trees, a fence, and moving the gas pumps to the other side of the property to cut down on traffic.
There is currently no word on when construction will begin, but developers are scheduled to have a meeting in January.
- ACU women whip Howard Payne 99-45 in Teague Center debut
- Defense drowns Bucs as Wildcats win season opener
- Big Country coaches list what they are thankful for on KTAB Coach of the Week
- Southland Conference announces protocols for 2020-21 basketball season
- San Antonio sets curfew for Thanksgiving holiday, weekend after