ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene Gives has raised more than $1.3 million dollars – their most successful year to-date.
More than 3,000 donors gave the total of $1.3 million to 142 nonprofit organizations during a 24-hour period of giving on Tuesday, May 5.
Last year’s 24-hour total reached $729,387.30 for 121 nonprofits, a then record for the event, which is now in its fourth year.
Abilene City Councilwoman Donna Albus and restaurant owner Sharon Riley said they would dye their hair pink if the total reached $700,000.
Community Foundation of Abilene President/CEO Katie Alford promised to dye her hair pink if they reached $800,000.
They all held up their ends of the bargain, as you can see below:
- As legal gambling surges, should schools teach teens about risk?
- When will you need to start repaying your student loans? Here’s what to know
- No charges after man shoots Indianapolis child’s service dog
- Wake-Up Weather: round two of storm chances come along a squall line later this evening
- Nearly 1 in 10 adults around the globe identify as LGBTQ: survey