ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — An Abilene man died in a motorcycle accident Friday afternoon.
The Abilene Police Department says they responded to the call at 3:40 p.m. Friday in the 3500 block of Dub Wright Boulevard, where a man on a 2005 Harley Davidson Road Glide was traveling north when he failed to negotiate a curve in the road.
The man, identified as 39-year-old Justin Wallace, of Abilene, hit the curb, went off the road and struck a tree before coming to rest on the side of the road.
Police say there were no other vehicles involved and he was the only one on the motorcycle.
Wallace was not wearing a helmet, and the cause of the crash is under investigation, according to police.
- Friday, September 24, 2021: Stays dry with warm temperatures and partly sunny skies
- Newsfeed Now: Federal warrant issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case; DC shutdown looms as lawmakers at odds over budget
- Wake-Up Weather: A little warmer today with a few more clouds
- Abilene area forecast: Friday September 24th
- Homecoming game is a chance for Cooper to get better