ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene police have arrested 29 men on child sex charges.
In a news release issued late Monday afternoon, the Abilene Police Department (APD) says an undercover operation landed 29 offenders, with another arrest pending.
The men are accused of using public webpages, internet sites and social media applications to exploit minors, and showing up to arranged meetings with minors for sexual encounters, APD says.
The Cyber Crimes Unit, Fraud Unit, and Special Operations Division collaborated with the Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Investigations Division and U.S. Marshals for the undercover investigation.
APD says this is an ongoing investigation.
- Marquis Muse named McMurry Men’s Soccer Head Coach
- Cougars jump and Eagles fly to state championship gymnastics meet
- FEMA extends registration period for Texans impacted by winter storm
- San Antonio airport locked down after active shooter situation
- Big Country Politics: In depth with Abilene City Council Place 1 candidates Stephen Hunt and Shane Price