ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – There are 4 new cases of COVID-19 in Abilene and 44 still remain active.
There are now 228 positive cases of COVID-19 recorded by the City, and 4,222 tests have been administered.
This number varies drastically from the 350-odd cases reported just weeks ago because the State of Texas recently requested the City of Abilene stop including positive results from the prison units, which are in Jones County, and results based on antibody tests.
Currently, city officials are working to recalculate demographic information, so statistics about the patients’ ages, common symptoms, and more are not available at this time.
Three patients are currently hospitalized, though nothing has been disclosed about their current conditions.
Five deaths are also being attributed to COVID-19 in Abilene. The number was initially 6, but one of the deceased patients resided in another county.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Thursday Evening Forecast: Sunny Days Up Ahead As We Move Into the Month of June
- Taylor Telecom Arena is open for business
- When we played games… Clyde’s Bruton earned the 2017 Underclassman of the Year award
- ACU’s Colton Eager named all-Southland academic second team