ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Nine suspects accused of child sex crimes have been indicted by a Taylor County Grand Jury.
Theses suspects were indicted for the following charges Thursday:
- Carleel Crowley – Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Kerry Wayne Sims – Sexual Assault of a Child (Continuous)
- Eric Moreno – Sexual Assault of a Child (Continuous)
- Christopher Polk – Indecency with a Child
- Hector David Gloria – Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Jose Calzoncinth – Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Roberto Morales – Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Virgil Lynn Perkins – Online Solicitation of a Minor
Most of the Online Solicitation of a Minor cases are part of the same sting operation that resulted in the arrests of 29 men in March.
The other cases are unrelated to each other.
*A previous version of this post contained a photo of the wrong Eric Moreno. We regret this error, and it has since been corrected.
KTAB and KRBC are apologizing for using an incorrect mugshot in a story on grand jury indictments posted earlier this week.
Thursday, Eric Moreno, 39, was indicted for Sexual Abuse of a Child – Continuous.
KTAB and KRBC accidentally posted the mugshot of Eric Moreno, 18, instead and shared it to social media.
We would like to relay the following message to Eric and his family:
When we make a mistake, we own up to it. We apologize to Eric and his family for the confusion and hardship this has caused. We have enacted measures to make sure this will never happen.
The mugshot has been corrected on every platform it appeared.
- Fauci: US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead
- Abilene’s hospital area surpasses 15% threshold for COVID-19 patients, ICUs remains full
- Virginia ‘porch pirate’ dressed as Amazon employee
- 11 wounded in ‘mass shooting’ at Grenada biker club
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!