ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The City of Abilene added one case of COVID-19 Thursday, while hospitalizations continue to decrease.
There are now 215 positive cases of COVID-19 recorded by the City, and 3,319 tests have been administered.
This number varies drastically from the 350-odd cases reported just weeks ago because the State of Texas recently requested the City of Abilene stop including positive results from the prison units, which are in Jones County, and results based on antibody tests.
Currently, city officials are working to recalculate demographic information, so statistics about the patients’ ages, common symptoms, and more are not available at this time.
Three patients are currently hospitalized, though nothing has been disclosed about their current conditions.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
- Severe lice infestation linked to girl’s death; parents charged
- Gray parrots separated at zoo after swearing a blue streak
- Kentucky AG asks for delay in release of Breonna Taylor grand jury proceedings, recordings now expected Friday
- Woman will have multiple plastic surgeries to look like Kamala Harris, Texas surgeon says