ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Abilene man accused of sexually abusing a young child has been arrested.
Paul Jonas, 63, was taken into custody Monday and charged with Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child in connection to an investigation that began in January.
Court documents state a child made an outcry to police saying Jonas sexually abused her at his house in Abilene from 2012 to 2013, beginning when she was only 6-years-old.
This child was able to describe explicit acts of sexual abuse during an initial interview with police and corroborated those claims during a forensic exam.
She also said, “Jonas told her not to tell anyone because it was a secret,” according to the documents.
Jonas initially denied the allegations but the documents state that during follow-up interviews with investigators, he eventually admitted to touching the child inappropriately.
He was released from jail after posting a $100,000 bond.
- Texas DPS further reopens drivers license offices across the state
- Tracking the Tropics Week 6: Storm surge, contraflow, and the buoy network
- LIVE: Trump, First Lady to discuss reopening schools amid coronavirus
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye
- Clyde CISD releases plans for 2020-21 school year, including remote learning option