ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Abilene man was arrested after police found him parked in an alley with an underage girl.
Mason Anders, 20, was taken into custody on the 3500 block of Hunters Glen Road Saturday morning and charged with Online Solicitation of a Minor and Sexual Assault of a Child.
Police say they were called to the scene after someone reported a prowler in the neighborhood.
When officers arrived, they found Anders parked in the alley with the underage girl.
A subsequent investigation revealed Anders used an undisclosed social media app to contact the girl and arrange the meeting.
Anders was released from jail after posting bonds totaling $85,000.
- ‘I’ll walk if you walk’: Story behind Prince Philip walking with Harry, William at Princess Diana’s funeral
- Black-owned California beachfront seized 100 years ago could be returned to owners’ descendants
- Multiple dog tags among odd items found in 445-pound gator’s stomach
- New charges added for suspect in Bryan cabinet store shooting
- Off-duty Pentagon officer charged with second-degree murder after 2 killed in Takoma Park shooting