ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Abilene recorded its earliest snowfall on record the day after setting a record low temperature.
Tuesday morning, the National Weather Service confirmed both Abilene and San Angelo had their earliest instance of measurable snowfall, and this isn’t the only record broken recently.
The low temperature reached Monday, October 26, was 29 degrees. This beat the previous record of 30 degrees set in 1898.
Winter weather is expected to continue throughout the region until at least Wednesday morning, with freezing rain and sleet possible.
Check back for more information.
- President Trump rallies in Georgia ahead of Senate runoffs
- Metro couple’s story of finding love after losing spouses to cancer shared across the US
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- Edinburg High football player who attacked referee charged, released on bond
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021