ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Abilene Reporter News building is for sale downtown more than one year after it was heavily damaged in a fire.
A ‘For Sale’ sign has been posted to the building at 101 Cypress Street.
It’s unknown how much the building is selling for, but anyone interested can contact Erik Paul Johnson with Paul Johnson Realtors at (325)698-5661.
An electrical fire ignited the roof of the building in November 2018.
The roof was completely destroyed, and much of the inside of the building sustained smoke and water damage.
Erik Johnson says restoration is mostly complete, and the vacant office space now has an open floor concept.
Some roof work is still underway, but asbestos remediation was conducted and new electrical wiring/panels have been installed.
The Abilene-Reporter News will continue to operate in the building for at least the next 3 years.
- Jungle Cruise ride at Disney World sinks with passengers on board
- JCPenney is closing six more stores
- Oklahoma pharmacist accused of giving insulin instead of flu shots gets license suspended
- First-ever West TX All-Youth Sports Expo happening in Abilene this weekend
- Mexico confirms first 2 cases of coronavirus