ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Abilene teen accused of shooting and killing a man during a robbery near Little Elm Condominiums has been arrested.
Javeeontae Markel I’kee Evans, 19, was taken into custody Thursday and charged with Capital Murder by Terror Threat/Other Felony in connection to the death of Jaden Hernandez, also 19.
Hernandez was shot and killed near Little Elm Condominiums on Ruidosa Avenue around 11:00 p.m. Tuesday. He was found lying dead in the parking lot of the apartment complex.
An arrest report states Evans told police he set up Hernandez to rob him at gunpoint, then shot him after demanding he hand over his bag.
Evans says he then took the bag, which contained Hernandez’s wallet and phone.
Evans remains held in jail on bonds totaling $275,000.
- 2 new COVID-19 related deaths, 117 cases reported in Taylor County
- As virus surges, Trump rallies keep packing in thousands
- Beloved doctor dies after giving birth, spotlighting risks of pregnancy conditions
- Fall streaming season is here and with it, some changes
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back