ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Abilene Zoo has announced the birth of their third giraffe calf in the past month.
Zoo staff welcomed the calf Monday. A press release says, “the calf weighed in at 124 lbs and 5 ft 6 inches tall and was born to second-time mom, Punk.”
Friday, November 20, a gender reveal celebration will be held for this newest giraffe calf. It will take pace on Twigga Terrace around 11:00 a.m.
Both a male and a female giraffe calf were born at the zoo a few weeks ago.
They have been getting used to the herd and are now on display for the first time since their births.
- Wednesday Evening Forecast: Sweater Weather In Store for the Big Country.
- Abilene business provides COVID Care Kits to employees
- ACU women whip Howard Payne 99-45 in Teague Center debut
- Defense drowns Bucs as Wildcats win season opener
- Big Country coaches list what they are thankful for on KTAB Coach of the Week