ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Fishing and other activities will be allowed at Kirby Lake Park 24/7 after Abilene city council members voted to lift the curfew.
During a meeting, council members gave unanimous approval to the proposition, which was first approved by the Parks and Recreation Board last month.
Previously, fishing was only allowed 24/7 from boats, so law enforcement would ask people fishing from the banks of the lake after midnight to leave.
Kirby Lake Park is not only a hot spot for fishing, but boating and other outdoor activities as well.
In addition to the 740-acre reservoir, Kirby Lake Park features a children’s play area, nature trails, and baseball/softball fields.
More information about the park can be found on the City of Abilene’s website.
This change will go into effect on Monday, October 21.
- Grammy Awards honor Kobe Bryant with touching performance
- Callahan County Sheriff not seeking re-election, two men are now putting their names on the ballot
- Sunday, January 26: This weekend 68 degrees was the magic number! Abilene felt the specific double digit warmth for a second day in a row
- Big Country locals react to Kobe Bryant’s death
- ECCA Volunteer FD hosts annual fundraiser, hoping to start the construction of their new fire station