ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Explosions and black smoke could be present in southwest Abilene during Dyess Air Force Base training Thursday.
A social media post from Abilene Police reveals, “Dyess AFB will be setting off explosives at their range this morning 8:30 am – 4 pm. If you hear loud explosions & possibly smoke, this is a controlled event by DAFB.”
The plumes of smoke and loud booms, which are both usually noticeable for miles, could be present on and off throughout this time.
BigCountryHomepage is monitoring the training status and will provide updates if additional information is released.
- Abilene parade honors Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message
- HSU’s Ellis claims American Southwest Conference honor