ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Explosions and black smoke could be present in southwest Abilene during Dyess Air Force Base training Thursday.
A social media post from Abilene Police reveals, “Dyess AFB will be setting off explosives at their range this morning 8:30 am – 4 pm. If you hear loud explosions & possibly smoke, this is a controlled event by DAFB.”
The plumes of smoke and loud booms, which are both usually noticeable for miles, could be present on and off throughout this time.
BigCountryHomepage is monitoring the training status and will provide updates if additional information is released.
- New border wall being built in San Diego sector along with other ‘manpower multipliers’ to help agents
- Construction begins for Native American Veterans Memorial on the National Mall
- House, Senate disagree on how to address PFAS
- Merkel Middle School students making ‘dog blankets’
- Support for clean energy jobs gives hope to Texas students