ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Explosions and black smoke could be present in southwest Abilene during Dyess Air Force Base training Thursday.
A social media post from Abilene Police reveals, “Dyess AFB will be setting off explosives at their range this morning 8:30 am – 4 pm. If you hear loud explosions & possibly smoke, this is a controlled event by DAFB.”
The plumes of smoke and loud booms, which are both usually noticeable for miles, could be present on and off throughout this time.
BigCountryHomepage is monitoring the training status and will provide updates if additional information is released.
- Man shot in neck while driving on Indiana interstate with 3-year-old in car, girlfriend says
- Sheriff: 3 charged in one of the ‘worst’ child abuse cases ever in Louisiana parish
- Newsfeed Now: Federal execution; 2-year-old escapes locked house
- Here’s how to file for a tax extension
- Heinz kit turns ketchup, mayo into frozen treats