ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A tree trimmer is dead and another person is injured after an electrocution at a home in south Abilene.
Police confirm Alan James Maxey, 31, was killed and a 24-year-old male injured after being electrocuted while working for a local tree trimming company at a home on the 2200 block of Oakwood Lane around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The 24-year-old, who has not been publicly identified, was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
First responders were on scene of the electrocution for more than an hour before they were able to reach Maxey’s body, which was trapped at the top of a lift surrounded by dangerous live power lines.
American Electric Power is working to address power outages in the area. AEP, along with the Abilene Police Deparmtent, will be investigating Maxey’s death.
BigCountryHomepage.com will update this article once additional information is released.