ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Abilene and Wylie ISDs are helping students get free meals while schools are closed through at least Friday due to COVID-19.
Abilene ISD will provide free breakfast and lunch to all children ages 18 and under, even if they don’t usually qualify for free or reduced meals.
Breakfast, which will be cereal, milk, and juice, will be served at the following locations from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. each day:
- Martinez Elementary School – 1250 Merchant St
- Johnston Elementary School – 3633 N 14th St
- Bowie Elementary School – 2034 Jeanette St
- Clack Middle School – 1610 Corsicana Ave
- Craig Middle School – 702 S Judge Ely Blvd
- Madison Middle School – 3145 Barrow St
- Mann Middle School – 2545 Mimosa Dr
Lunch, which will be a ham and cheese sandwich on a croissant, individually packaged carrots and apples and milk, will be served at the same locations from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Only students who are in a vehicle at the time of pickup will be given a meal.
Wylie ISD is offering free meals Wednesday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. for breakfast and from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for lunch.
All kids 18 and older must be in a vehicle to pick up a meal from Wylie West Junior High at 4134 Beltway South.
Jimmy John’s in Abilene is also offering a free child’s sandwich and drink with adult meals purchased at the store through March 20.
- Saturday Evening Forecast: With oak season upon us, take a look at our carwash forecast.
- Abilene y Condado Taylor suman ya 7 casos confirmados de Coronavirus.
- Screen printing company designs coloring t-shirts
- Local restaurant hosts drive-thru crawfish boil
- Abilene Mayor plans ‘Limited Shelter in Place’ order