ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Abilene man accused of sexually abusing a child for years has been indicted.
Jesse Mendoza, Jr., 33, was indicted Thursday for Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child following an investigation that began in July 2019.
Court documents state a mother came forward to police and said her daughter, who is under the age of 14, made an outcry that Mendoza assaulted her on more than one occasion, beginning when she was 6-years-old.
The child was able to describe an incident where Mendoza attempted to sexually assault her in his apartment then apologized and told her, “not to tell her mother or they would get in trouble,” according to the documents.
She also described another incident where he sexually abused her in his truck.
Mendoza remains held in jail on a $200,000 bond.
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- Telemundo Abilínea – 26 de octubre, 2020
- Hendrick Health finalizes purchase of Abilene and Brownwood Medical Centers
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations