ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Multiple residents have been displaced after a kitchen fire at an apartment complex in south Abilene.
The fire happened at the Windchase Village Apartments on the 2400 block of Buffalo Gap Road around 2:00 p.m.
First responders at the scene told KTAB and KRBC a resident cooking caused the fire, which spread to his apartment and neighboring units.
This person likely used water to put out a grease fire, investigators believe.
No injuries have been reported but witnesses say they saw a person jump from a balcony to escape the fire and a dog, who did survive, had to be rescued from inside.
Residents from at least two units at the complex have been displaced.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Preston talks with Karson Grigsby about junior golf ranking
- Wildcats run for three touchdowns vs. SFA
- Gov. Greg Abbott says ‘We must end’ mail-in ballot fraud, points to KXAN investigation finding 150 charges since 2004
- Chick-fil-A sauces will soon be sold at select grocery stores to help fund employee scholarships
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her