ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An autopsy of a man who was found dead in the water at Lake Ft Phantom Hill earlier this week shows he likely died of an accidental drowning.
Larry Williams, 66, of Abilene, was found dead in the water at the east side of the lake off Silo View Road Tuesday morning.
Initially, Williams’ cause of death was not released, but Thursday afternoon, Abilene police said, “preliminary autopsy results are back and show the death to be consistent with an accidental drowning.”
Neighbors in the area of the drowning say they saw Williams parked at the end of Silo View Road Monday night, and that the flashers on his truck were on late.
These neighbors also reported seeing him squatting by the water, but not fishing, and they say someone else may have been with him.
Police have not confirmed any of this information and are still investigating Williams’ death.
This is a developing situation. Stick with BigCountryHomepage for any updates.
- 1 out of 10 beds at Hendrick is filled with COVID-19
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden address coronavirus and plans for vaccine rollout
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases