DYESS AIR FORCE BASE, Texas (PRESS RELEASE) – On July 14th, the 317th Airlift Wing at Dyess Air Force Base, Texas and the 19th Airlift Wing from Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas conducted a large force exercise over west Texas.
Approximately 24 C-130Js from Dyess AFB and 14 C-130Js from Little Rock AFB were launched from their respective bases, combining into a large formation in the air to fly to notional airdrops at Dyess AFB, and Big Bend, Texas.
The goal of the exercise is to train and emphasize full-spectrum readiness in support of the National Defense Strategy, and showcase the benefits of the new C-130 “4/12” deployment initiative implemented in 2019. A secondary objective is demonstrating maintained readiness despite the ongoing threat of COVID-19.
- Monday Wake-Up Weather: Warm and windy today, rain chances tomorrow. Highs today around 90-91 with Southerly winds 10-15 G25mph. We have a 50% chance for rain and thunderstorms on Tuesday, mainly after lunchtime.
- Sunday evening forecast: don’t forget to grab the umbrella this week, you’ll need it
- BCH Sports Top 5 Plays of the Week: Week 5
- Dr Pepper Play of the Week: Abilene High’s Da’King Thomas runs and dives for the 52-yard score
- Sunday, September 26 – Warm Monday to start the workweek