ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A north Abilene bridge is closed until further notice after being deemed ‘unsafe.’
City officials say drivers and area residents are urged to avoid the bridge over Catclaw Creek at North 18th Street until necessary repairs are made.
“North 18th from Park Avenue to Kirkwood Drive has been closed to through traffic,” according to a press release.
Texas Department of Transportation crews are working with the City to assess the current condition of the bridge before deciding the best way to move forward with repairs.
The reason why the bridge was deemed unsafe has not been disclosed.
- Saturday, April 4: A rainy, chilly day reminiscent of the autumn season. Abilene reached a high temperature of 44 degrees
- Saturday Evening Forecast: On and off again rain chances as we introduce the month of April.
- Mayor Williams uses Facebook live to talk COVID-19
- Brown County Health Department reports 1 confirmed COVID-19 case, total of 5
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announces loaded 2020 class