ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Abilene Police say the National Guard is not coming to Abilene in preparation for martial law.
In a social media post made Thursday, Chief Stan Standridge says information on troops coming here is just a “bad rumor”.
He goes on to say the he personally looked into this along with City Manager Robert Hanna, even checking with Dyess Air Force Base.
“Thank you for leaning on reputable sources as we all work together to thrive during these difficult days,” Chief Standridge says.
BigCountryHomepage will continue to provide information on the coronavirus in Abilene. Keep checking back throughout the pandemic.
- Wake-Up Weather: A cool and breezy morning will make for a mild afternoon with a gusty wind and increasing clouds
- Cowgirls ride to victory; Cowboys and War Hawks fall
- What is “Functional zero” homelessness?
- The Abilene High Lady Eagles are ready to go after losing the 2020 season
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’