ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Thieves are targeting fleet vehicles at churches and other businesses in Abilene.
Police sent a warning to the public Friday that states, “in recent days, we have received reports from two different churches where their vans were targeted and the catalytic converter cut out of the vehicles.”
The catalytic converters are valuable to thieves because of the metals located inside.
Anyone with fleet vehicles is asked to remain vigilant for any suspicious activity taking place on their property.
Those affected can call the Abilene Police Department at (325)673-8331 to file a report.
- Snake season returns to Big Country: What to do if bitten
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Civil rights leaders call on Texas lawmakers to vote against election regulation bills, while Republicans defend the legislation