ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Thieves are targeting fleet vehicles at churches and other businesses in Abilene.
Police sent a warning to the public Friday that states, “in recent days, we have received reports from two different churches where their vans were targeted and the catalytic converter cut out of the vehicles.”
The catalytic converters are valuable to thieves because of the metals located inside.
Anyone with fleet vehicles is asked to remain vigilant for any suspicious activity taking place on their property.
Those affected can call the Abilene Police Department at (325)673-8331 to file a report.
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say
- DCOA, DevelopAbilene bring new corporate headquarters to downtown
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Abilene City Council addresses proposed budget cuts
- Hendrick Hospice Care continuing work through the pandemic