ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Police say unknown suspects opened fire at a home occupied by six children Tuesday night, shooting and killing a man inside.
Adam Joel Perez, 27, was inside a home on the 1000 block of Cedar Street when the suspect or suspects drove into the alley and began shooting, hitting Perez one time.
During a press conference Wednesday, Police Chief Stan Standridge told KTAB and KRBC the suspects have not been identified and remain at large, though his detectives have interviewed dozens of witnesses and potential persons of interest.
“We will continue to pursue this until justice is brought to the Perez family,” Chief Standridge says.
It’s unknown if Perez was the shooter’s intended target, but Chief Standridge wants to assure the community that this shooting is not a random act of violence and was likely motivated by drugs or a domestic dispute.
BigCountryHomepage will continue to monitor this shooting and will provide updates as soon as additional information is released.
- ‘I’ll walk if you walk’: Story behind Prince Philip walking with Harry, William at Princess Diana’s funeral
- Black-owned California beachfront seized 100 years ago could be returned to owners’ descendants
- Multiple dog tags among odd items found in 445-pound gator’s stomach
- New charges added for suspect in Bryan cabinet store shooting
- Off-duty Pentagon officer charged with second-degree murder after 2 killed in Takoma Park shooting