ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A doghouse heat lamp was the cause of a house fire in Abilene New Year’s Eve.

The fire happened at a home on the 4700 block of State Street around 4:25 p.m.

Fire investigators say a heat lamp that was left on near a doghouse on the back porch of the home caused a fire that spread to the main residence

No one was home at the time of the fire, which caused an estimated $20,000 worth of damage.

BigCountryHomepage.com will update this article if additional information is released.