ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A man accused of threatening to shoot Abilene Police Chief Stan Standridge has been arrested.
Michael Holmes, 42, was arrested Wednesday for Terroristic Threat Against a Peace Office.
A police report states Holmes called police dispatch Tuesday and, “stated his intentions to shoot Chief Standridge.”
The phone call was anonymous, but an investigation allowed police to identify Holmes as the caller and subsequently take him into custody.
He was arrested at a local hotel without incident.
Holmes remains held in jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Vandals cut hoses on City of Anson roller, delaying progress on North Lake
- Man pleads guilty in plot to attack White House, Trump Tower
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Several dogs killed in one of two ‘suspicious’ fires in Coleman
- Eagles maturing as a team as season goes on